Aquaculture is the fastest growing animal-food producing sector worldwide. Copper alloy netting improves fish production, leading to healthier fish, higher yields, and lower costs. In addition, copper netting:
- Resists storm damage and lasts longer than traditional netting.
- Reduces predator attacks and fish escapes.
- Stays naturally clean, reduces drag and maintains cage volume.
- Decreases impact of pathogens and parasites, as monitored by farmers.
- Supports sustainable fish farming and is 100% recyclable.
- Minimizes maintenance cost and efforts.
International Copper Association Aquaculture Applications Manager Langley Gace visits an innovative and environmentally-friendly salmon farm in Chile where copper nets are used to produce an abundance of healthy-market-sized fish.